[squid-users] inconsistency with objects in squid cache

From: Sylvio Cesar <sylviotamorim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 09:21:18 -0300

I'm having a problem with a particular network for recognizing objects in
squid cache .

I have two networks, one network and another 10.21.155.0/24 172.18.30.0/24.

Each server both networks have a bash script that downloads video
files .flv via wget to these videos are curly and when users via
Firefox , request these videos can deliver squid cache.

The network 172.18.30.0/24 when I run the wget
http://example/video.flvthen testo with the command : curl -O
http://example/video.flv see clearly saw that squid access.log handed
the video cache for Firefox (TCP_HIT).

However , the network 10.21.155.0/24 , when I run the wget
http://example/video.flv and after test with command curl -O
http://example/video.flv the squid gives TCP_MISS and Firefox starts
download the video does not identify the video already downloaded by
wget.

Now the strange thing is that if I download the wget and then repeat the
wget command, squid gives TCP_HIT, but if I use the curl -O the squid does
not recognize the video in the cache and starts to perform a new download.

Any reason the squid not identify the object cache downloaded via wget when
using Firefox or curl and only identify if I use the same command wget ?

There is an option in squid.conf I force squid to deliver the object that
is cached ?

The impression is that the network 10.21.155.0/24 wget writes the cache
with some marking and that when the curl -O or Firefox command runs the
squid does not identify the object and makes a new download.

I use the same machine , just swapping the network cables to test the
network 172.18.30.0/24 and then change the network cable and put in
10.21.155.0/24 .

I use the version 3.4.4 of squid on a openSUSE kernel 2.6.27 .

Att,

Sylvio Cesar,

--
Att,