Re: [squid-users] Blank page on first load

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 18:40:07 +1200

On 7/04/2014 6:28 p.m., Jasper Van Der Westhuizen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a problem with some of my users getting blank pages when loading
> sites like google and MSN. They would open the site and get a blank
> page, but when refreshing it loads. These users mostly use IE11 but have
> had it with browsers like Safari. Although I have to say that 98% of the
> time it is with IE10 and 11.
>
> In my squid logs I can see the request going to the website. The client
> just gets a blank page until they reload it.

Do you see anything coming back *from* the webserver?
 Is anything being delivered by Squid to the client?

> My setup is 3 servers running squid 3-3.1.12-8.12.1 behind an F5 load
> balancer. From there I send all traffic to a ZScaler cache peer. In my
> testing I have bypassed the cache peer but without any success.
>
> Has anyone come across this problem before?

Many people. For many different reasons ranging from browser bugs
displaying content they do not understand (or sometimes not even using
HTTP), to TCP protocol issues in the Windows networking code (ECN and
scaling), to NAT timeouts somewhere along the connection hops, to ICMP
filtering ("ICMP is not optional" etc, etc).

Amos