[squid-users] Re: Do we have an algorithm to define the cachabillity of an object by the request and response?

From: babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 06:28:01 -0700 (PDT)

>If the range is done properly with Range: header then the future random
ranges can be served as HIT on the cached object.<
Yes.
But that is NOT the actual state with youtube; only history, unfortunately.

>Problem remains if anything in the URL changes and/or the range detail
is sent in the URL query-string values.<
That IS actual state.

And it looks like, that the range details, as you call it, are NOT
repeatable ANY MORE (which means, the WERE), even in case you request 2 time
the same video from same client, just one after the other.
That is, what I meant with "random range". Will check "random range" in more
detail some time in the future.