Re: [squid-users] Re: Cache Windows Updates ONLY

From: Stephen Borrill <squid_at_borrill.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 08:48:31 +0100

On 10/04/2014 20:07, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Hey Nick,
>
> In a case you do know the tokens meaning and if it is working properly
> you can try to use StoreID in 3.4.X
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID
>
> It is designed to allow you this specific issue you are sure it is.
>
> About the 4GB or 1GB updates it's pretty simple.
> Microsoft release an update which contains "everything" about the about
> even that the update for your machine is only part of the file.
> This is what the last time I verified the issue.
>
> Also there is another side that OS become more and more complex and an
> update can be really big which almost replacing half of the OS components.
>
> What ever goes for you from the options is fine and still I have not
> seen microsoft cache solution.
> How is it called?

He's probably referring to WSUS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Server_Update_Services

This isn't an HTTP cache solution, it downloads Windows updates and then
effectively acts as your own local Windows Update service - you point
your clients at it to get updates rather than the real ones.

--
Stephen