[squid-users] sslbump - firefox sec_error_inadequate_key_usage

From: Amm <ammdispose-squid_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:16:30 +0800 (SGT)

Hello, Yesterday I upgraded OpenSSL version. (Although I was using OpenSSL 1.0.0 - not affected by Heartbleed, but I upgraded none-the-less) I am using sslbump (squid 3.4.4). Using Firefox 28.0 (latest 64bit tar.bz2) After this upgrade i.e. from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1, Firefox started giving certificate error stating "sec_error_inadequate_key_usage". This does not happen for all domains but looks like happening ONLY for google servers. i.e. youtube, news.google.com Certificate is issued for *.google.com with lots of alternate names. I also recompiled squid (with new OpenSSL) just to be sure. I also cleared certificate store. But error still occurs. Google search gave me a patch for this for 3.3.9. But just wanted to make sure if there is any other way to resolve this issue? (Like some squid configuration directive) So please let me know, if patch is the only way OR this has been resolved? Is it Firefox bug or squid bug? Thanks in advance, Amm.