Re: [squid-users] Blank page on first load

From: Jasper Van Der Westhuizen <jvdwesthuiz_at_shoprite.co.za>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 07:32:58 +0000

On Wed, 2014-04-09 at 23:57 +0300, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Hey Jasper,
>
> Just to make sure I understand:
> What is the issue and is it on specific sites?
> take my site for example http://www1.ngtech.co.il/
>
> Try to browse into the main page.
> For me squid works fine.
> I had an issue which ICAP settings delayed the page loading but what you
> describe is not a blank page but an error page.
> Can you look at the development console of IE11 and see what is
> happening in the network layer?
>
> Eliezer
>
> On 04/09/2014 01:05 PM, Jasper Van Der Westhuizen wrote:
> > Hi Amos
> >
> > I built a new proxy, stock standard settings, and tested it again. With
> > IE11 and SPDY/3 enabled I still get the initial "page can not be loaded"
> > problem. When doing a refresh immediately afterward, it loads the page.
> >
> > On the plus side, Sharepoint sites now work.:-)
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Kind Regards
> > Jasper

Hi Eliezer

The error message I see on IE looks to be a IE generated message. I can
see the client request(one or two entries) in the logs to google, yet on
IE it displays "page can not be found" almost immediately. It's not a
SQUID generated message. I tried Squid 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 on a Fedora Core
host. All show the same results. Disabling SPDY/3 fixes the problem on
IE11. Disabling HTTP1.1 on IE10 and 9 fixes it there, although I don't
get many complaints on ver 9 and 10.

Right now SLES 11 SP3 only supports Squid 3.1.12-8.12.1 via SMT repo.
I'm hoping 3.2 and later will be supported by SLES 11 SP3 soon so that I
can fully support HTTP1.1 on these proxies.

Regards
Jasper