Re: [squid-users] Fwd: Squid and large object

From: Bjoern Meier <bjoern.meier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 10:01:57 +0200

hi,

> In HTTP (and normal behaviour for Squid) as soon as the reply starts
> arriving it starts being delivered to the client.

right, but the reply start not before squid self has the complete
object. So on our 8Mbit Internet Access an object with a size of 650
MB will be first downloaded by squid - almost 11 Minutes - the Browser
seems to wait for a response. After the 11 minutes an answer from
squid appears and the file gets downloaded really quick (with 1 Gb).
So, thats what I want to do is, that squid don't first load the whole
object before answering the client.

> If your clients are not even seeing the start of the object then
> something else is going on.

That's not what I say. You can see, that the browser is waiting, but
the progress bar appears only when squid has downloaded the whole
object.
This is logic to me and I can live with that, but my users find this a
little bit disturbing.

I don't think, this is possible to change, because that means - IMHO -
that squid has to change the object into a stream

Greetings,
Björn