[squid-users] Squid 3.3.4 - Zero Sized Reply for HTTP POST

From: tomsl <tom_at_signagelive.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 08:23:05 -0700 (PDT)

I have an ASP.NET website to which I can upload files via HTTP POST. I have a
proxy server acting as a reverse proxy, running Squid 3.3.4 on Ubuntu.
POSTing a small file (under 300kb or so) works fine, however larger files
fail, giving me a 502 error and a message about a zero sized reply.

This setup was previously working fine for some time using Squid 3.1.9,
however we recently had to upgrade our servers due to a separate issue. What
could cause this to fail in this manner when it worked with the older
version of Squid? The configs for both are almost identical, apart from some
minor changes that were necessary for the later version to work, and none of
them would obviously affect this.

The message given is:

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: [URL
OMITTED]

    Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.