[squid-users] Re: Happy eyeballs and https

From: Rob van der Putten <rob_at_sput.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:59:36 +0200

Hi there

Amos Jeffries wrote:

> If the TCP connection to server succeeds itis a success from the HTTP
> layers viewpoint. Whatever happens with the TLS or wrapped HTTP layer
> inside the tunnel is between the server and client alone.
>
> So, what is the failure *exactly*?

This morning my isp's tunnelserver (6in4) failed. This happened after
replacing a router. I don't know if this is an IPv4 router, IPv6 or both.
I couldn't ping the remote IPv6 address of the tunnel, or the IPv4
address of the tunnel server. Things returned to normal after they
rebooted the tunnel server.

This is a log entry;
1397639045.383 1940 pc6.ip6.sput.nl TCP_MISS/503 0 CONNECT
www.xs4all.nl:443 - HIER_NONE/- -

My connect_timeout is 2 seconds which works fine for http. But https
pages just wouldn't load.

Regards,
Rob