Re: [squid-users] Inaccessible google.com (squid-3.4)

From: Marcello Romani <mromani_at_ottotecnica.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:18:20 +0200

Il 28/03/2014 15:19, Kinkie ha scritto:
> Hi Marcello,
> have you tried accessing google FROM the squid box itself?

Hi,
     the problem just happened again.
Strangely enough, on the squid box itself the command "host
www.google.com" gave me this output:

$ host www.google.com
www.google.com has address 173.194.112.19
www.google.com has address 173.194.112.20
www.google.com has address 173.194.112.18
www.google.com has address 173.194.112.17
www.google.com has address 173.194.112.16

After a few seconds the problem "fixed itself" for no apparent reason.
Google.com was normally browsable again, and host www.google.com gave:

$ host www.google.com
www.google.com has address 173.194.112.20
www.google.com has address 173.194.112.16
www.google.com has address 173.194.112.17
www.google.com has address 173.194.112.18
www.google.com has address 173.194.112.19
www.google.com has IPv6 address 2a00:1450:4001:800::1014

So far I think it's safe to assume it's not an issue with squid itself,
but rather something (occasionally) broken in our DNS chain...

--
Marcello Romani