Re: [squid-users] how to use refresh_pattern correct

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 20:05:47 +0300

On 04/28/2014 05:02 PM, tile1893 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm running squid on openwrt and i want squid to cache all requests which
> are made.

Hey there,

You are not looking for squid.
Squid does caching in a smart way to verify the validation of the objects.
What you are looking for is archive software which is not squid.
I cannot recommend on one since I have not seen one.
(There was one which was called wwwoffle if i'm not wrong)

Maybe in old versions of squid(2.X) there was an option that will
produce a similar option which could be understood or interpreted that
cache is archive.

I gave an example in the past about it:
if your HDD would have used squid to access the local data, would you
want it to serve you staled objects? or something similar?

Regards,
Eliezer