Re: [squid-users] how to use refresh_pattern correct

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 01:44:51 +1200

On 29/04/2014 4:16 p.m., Dan Charlesworth wrote:
> Hi Lawrence
>
> I think that's the most extensive list of refresh patterns I've seen in one
> place, for a forward proxy. Props.
>
> Is anyone else using a collection like this and care to comment on its
> performance / viability?

You can find many similar lists in the archives of this mailing list if
you pick a really weird file extension type and search for it plus
"refresh_pattern". eg.
<https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=tgz+refresh_pattern+site%3Awww.squid-cache.org>

As for viability. It uses most of the HTTP violation refresh_pattern
options based just on test for "file extension" patterns. I have no
doubt that they cause many things to store and log as HITs but the
reliability of the responses coming out of that cache is suspect.

Amos