Re: [squid-users] Re: squid caching dynamic content

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 21:29:01 +0300

On 05/01/2014 07:36 PM, babajaga wrote:
> Yep. What's written in the wiki seems to be obsolete (once again): AFAICS,
> now the "id" for a video is not unique any more, which means, not to be used
> as part of the STORE-ID any more:-(
>
> Obviously, the guys from youtube are reading here as well. And doing
> eveything reasonable for them to harm caching.

It is unique but there are other properties which forces a re-fetch or
full-fetch.
actually I was thinking about it and I do not care that youtube\google
will read squid.
Absolutely the opposite.. They should read squid and also participate
and tell us what they think and how to do things( if they want).

Using special scripts\programs youtube can be cached.
The main issue is the algorithm that should be used to invalidate
objects and rate them.
Let say we have 3000 users that have watched a video, should we continue
cache it compared to other videos? etc..

Eliezer