[squid-users] https interception some whitelisted sites not working properly

From: Ikna Nou <iknano_at_outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 17:21:07 -0400

Hello List,

This is my situation:
squid3.4.4 on Debian compiled from source (with options --enable-ssl and
--enable-ssl-crtd)

It works quite well.

Now, I'm trying to create a list of "ssl whitelisted" sites, using the ssl_bump feature and following:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslBump

With some sites added to this list (like Google, Hotmail, etc) the certificate presented to the client isn't the original one but the created by squid.

It happens with some sites, particularly these. There are other that is OK.

Have you folks go through these issues?

Below is my squid.conf setting regarding to this. Thanks in advance!

http_port 3129
http_port 3128 intercept
https_port 3127 intercept ssl-bump generate-host-certificates=on dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=256MB cert=/etc/squid3/certs/ssl/public.pem key=/etc/squid3/certs/ssl/private.pem
## --\
acl broken_sites dstdomain "/etc/squid3/acl/ssl_whitelist.acl"
#acl broken_sites dstdomain .cisco.com .virustotal.com .mail-archive.com .facebook.com

always_direct allow broken_sites
ssl_bump none localhost
ssl_bump none broken_sites
#ssl_bump server-first !broken_sites