Re: [squid-users] assertion failed: store_swapout.cc:315: "mem->swapout.sio == self

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 22:55:41 +0300

Well it happens that 8GB of memory will not be enough for 240GB of ufs
disk cache as far as I can tell.
Lets try to fix it one step at a time.
Since you are getting into a position which squid get's stuck we can go
from step A to B and then to C.

First decrease the number of ufs directories to something like 1...
The cache_dir can handle more then what some can imagine.
What is the cache_dir number of objects?
You can use the cache_mgr interface to get some statistics on the cache_dir.
It's version 3.1.20 so basically you should be able to access it using
"squidclient mgr:menu"
I do not remember the exact name but it has something about the cache_dir.
After you will have one cache_dir which fits your number of files in a
form of for example 64 top directories and 256 upper directories you
might see something else.
note that 50M (million right?)json objects are huge but you might have a
limit from the INODE limit of the FS way before squid limits.

The machine basically doesn't meet the basic specs to store 50Million files.

Eliezer