[squid-users] Prefetching HTTP GET requests, but under HTTPS

From: Jianshi Huang <jianshi.huang_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 13:53:13 +0800

Hi,

I need to build a prefetching proxy to speedup page loading/clicks and
I'm currently investigating Squid for prototype. Websites I want to
speedup are all under HTTPS.

I briefly scanned Squid's document and google the keywords, looks like
I need to do the following setup:

1) Use SSL-Bump (and install Squid's cert in client's machine)
2) Two Squid setup, one runs prefetching script, another one does the caching.

Does that make sense? Is there a better solution? Or has anybody done
similar things?

It would be great if someone could point out some
configuration/scripting files to me. Code speaks :)

Cheers,

--
Jianshi Huang
LinkedIn: jianshi