[squid-users] Using Squid to replace apache rewrite rule and mod_proxy rewrite rule

From: Kumar, Amit <ahkumar_at_mail.smu.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 15:21:25 +0000

Hello,

I would like to use "squid" to fetch content on a webpage and also be able to rewrite url's just like Apache. Specifically I would like to selectively proxy a content and selectively rewrite URL.
Where would be a good point to start on this any quick leads or example would be of great help. I already have a squid server setup and functional.

Apache rewriteRule :
RewriteRule ^suggest(.*)$ http://bla.bla.bla/suggest$1 [L,NC]
Apache proxy rule
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://bla.bla.bla/$1 [L,NC, P]