Re: [squid-users] SSL Bump and dynamic SSL generation

From: Tom Holder <tom_at_simpleweb.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 07:41:29 +0100

Hi Amos,

Thanks for that. Yes I understand the legalities, this isn't to
'forge' anything. The users are well aware they're not looking at the
real sites.

The CA will be installed on their systems and they will have to agree
to it. The issue is that the browser is complaining that the CN does
not match because my local web server that represents ANY site has a
catch all CN. Therefore I'm trying to determine a way to generate the
correct CN before Squid tries to bump the SSL so that the CN is nearly
correct.

The certificates I generate don't need to look like the original
because I'm not trying to trick anyone, they just need not to error in
the browser.

Thanks,
Tom

--