RE: [squid-users] configuring Eliezer RPMs for CentOS 6 for SMP

From: Lawrence Pingree <geekguy_at_geek-guy.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 15:51:27 -0700

Personally I use RPM's on Opensuse and I'm running 3.4.4.2 which is pretty recent to be honest. Anyhow, I think running your own compiled version does have its plusses as described before. But If you get a platform that has rpms for the more recent versions like I do, and you really only use the basic squid functionality then you'll be fine. However, the down side is that I cannot run SMP mode (for some reason I think the RPM is not compiled with it) as well as I am stuck running this version until someone builds a new RPM. Which ever you choose there are positives and negatives.

Best regards,
The Geek Guy

Lawrence Pingree
http://www.lawrencepingree.com/resume/

Author of "The Manager's Guide to Becoming Great"
http://www.Management-Book.com