[squid-users] reverse proxy, url_rewrite and stored objects

From: Sipos Ferenc <sipi_at_andrews.hu>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 14:14:41 +0200

Hi,

I have a squid proxy server (version 3.1.23) which is running in reverse
proxy mode. I configured an url_rewrite program to increase the
efficiency, because the same objects can reach on two urls.
eg: these two urls are same:
http://www.example.com/images/Test_image_1122334455.jpg
http://www.example.com/images/11/1122334455.jpg

Unfortunately, on the webpage both url formats are in use.

So I made a rewriter program, which rewrite the
http://www.example.com/images/Test_image_1122334455.jpg url to
http://www.example.com/images/11/1122334455.jpg
It works well.

But the efficiency didn't increased. So I turned on the store log, and I
saw, that the squid store the objects with original url, not the
rewritten url. How can I configure squid to store the object associated
with the rewritten (shorten) url not the original url?

Regards,
Ferenc SIPOS