[squid-users] Caching based on header/etag

From: Tom Holder <tom_at_simpleweb.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 16:43:39 +0100

Hi all,

I've setup squid to proxy everything to a single server I have.

Based on a header, I might want to serve a different version of a file
for example for:

Would not be the same as:

Ideally though I'd like to be able to cache both.

Can I get squid to somehow differentiate based on an incoming header?

Failing that, I'm generating an etag on the server that's a hash of
the content. Will this be enough to distinguish between the different
files?

Thanks
Tom