[squid-users] Reverse mode: destination hostname change

From: Roberto Carna <robertocarna36_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 12:56:49 -0300

Dear, I've implemented a Squid reverse proxy that works OK.

I have several HTTP and HTTPS sites setup in reverse mode, but now one
of them has to change the hostname from server.company.com to
mail.company.com.

If I define an alias in our internal DNS as follow:

mail.company.com CNAME server.company.com

or add a new A record pointing to the same IP as server.company.com:

mail.company.com A x.x.x.x

Will reverse Squid work OK without any changes ??? Or do I have to
have mail.company.com mandatory in the ACL dstdomain clause ???

Thanks a lot, regards.

Roberto