Re: [squid-users] Install Godaddy certificate on squid to use ssl-bumping functionnality

From: Antoine Klein <klein.anto_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 16:12:50 -0400

Ok I agree with you, i wasn't clear to describe my issue :/ I'll try
to be more understandable.

My company is a bus company, the Clients aren't specific, they are
like lambda users. In fact, the WIFI is deployed in bus station so
everybody can use this WIFI, and there is not authentification, just a
page to accept terms of use.

I don't need to decrypt SSL, I just need to use Delay Pool, so I
believed it wasn't possible to apply a Delay Pool without decrypt SSL
on HTTPS request, anyway i didn't find how to do that. The cache is an
option but really not necessary.

No it's not a firewall of the NSA :) , anyway i don't believe, it's my
boss who explained me that, the firewall inspect the packets, and he
confirms that it's not illegal else they wouldn't do that.

In my mine, i think when a WIFI user wants to connect on HTTPS page,
the request detect a MITM attack but the certificate assure that it's
normal and secure because godaddy know that we are a trusted company.
After that, the request on the proxy is redirected on specific squid
port, squid decipher the SSL request and it create a new https request
on the web with its certificates from user request.

--
Antoine KLEIN