[squid-users] squid 3.4 is caching better than 2.7 ?

From: Soporte Técnico <soporte_at_nodoalem.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 13:26:16 -0300

Hi people, i had a few freebsd boxes with squid in some companies.

I´m running in all squid 2.7 in transparent mode with ipfw fwd the port 80.

I see in this last months the servers are saving less and less bandwidth.
Checking squid configuration and cache directories all seems to be fine.
(recreate squid cache directories, test with differents configurations
cache_mem, max_object_size in memory, 32GB memory and 1 TB in 5 hard disks,
etcetc., not big changes in bandwitdth saved...

The questions are:

There´s any advantage using squid 3.4 for caching?
Is better squid 3.4 caching vs. 2.7 ?

Thanks for the help.

Jorge