Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.4 very high cpu - strace.

From: Alex Crow <alex_at_nanogherkin.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 18:42:46 +0100

> Another experiment is to try purging and rebuilding the ssl_crtd helper
> cache.

Hi Amos,

We do the above on every squid restart anyway (via a wrapper script).

> Your config file has some nits (may not be relevant to the problem though):
>
> * Try switching the order of "manager localhost" so localhost is tested
> first. Manager has become a regex ACL.
>
> * hierarchy_stoplist can be removed completely. It is serving no
> purpose in your config.

Yeah, I know! This config has pretty much just been tweaked from an
original one that's about 11 years old. I'm still really keen to figure
out why we can't really proceed to 3.4 and then hopefully get it fixed,
Management have already asked to get in a reseller to look at
Bluecoat/Barracuda/Websense etc so I'll try my best to get a good number
of users on each config change I do to diagnose the problem.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Alex