Re: [squid-users] Even/Odd SRC ACL

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 16:35:43 +1200

On 27/06/2014 4:07 p.m., Nishant Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 WANs and would like to loadbalance the traffic by configuring
> tcp_outgoing_address based on source IPs. Squid version is 3.1.20
> running on FreeBSD 8.3-release-p11 (pfSense 2.1-RELEASE).
>
> I have tried this:
>
> acl even src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.1
> tcp_outgoing_address wan1 even
> tcp_outgoing_address wan2 !even
>
> But this doesn't seem to work. All the traffic is going to WAN2. Default
> route is on WAN1.
>
> Am I missing something?

You have not described any of the load balancing part of the
configuration. All the Squid settings do is set the Squid outgoing IP.
The operating system still has to take that and do things based on it.

You will benefit from an upgrade to squid-3.3 or later where the
tcp_outgoing_address is compatible with HTTP persistent connections.

ALso, if "wan1" and "wan2" are in yoru config as that exactly they need
to be DNS resolvable host names with exactly 1 IP address.

Amos