Re: [squid-users] TProxy Setup

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 00:13:33 +0300

Hey,

I cannot tell you it's the case since I do not tend to verify that
tproxy works on every squid release due to the basic small changes that
happen from minor version to the other.
I test it on the first major release such as 3.3 and 3.4 and then don't
tend to check it later.

But I am not sure this is the case...
I have tested squid 3.4 for tproxy more then once so it seems like it
should work and if non of the working setups that upgraded complained I
assumed it stays this way.

But lets try another way, run the debugging script from:
http://www1.ngtech.co.il/squid/basic_data.sh
As a root user

also add to your squid.conf the line:
"debug_options ALL,1 89,9 17,3"
and restart squid.

This will give you more information in squid and will show you some
output in cache.log that will make us understand what is the situation
with tproxy requests..
If you do not get the website it doesn't mean that squid does what it id
does good.
It is possible that other things are bad..

Eliezer

P.S. I am at the #squid irc channel at freenode and using this link:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=squid
You can get there and talk to me.
My nick name is "elico"