Re: [squid-users] special configuration of squid for connections with citrix clients?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 13:06:51 +1200

On 2014-07-09 03:13, Andreas.Reschke_at_mahle.com wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> is there a special configuration of squid to allow connections for a
> Citrix ICA-Client to go through to proxy? We're not able to connect the
> Citrix ICA-Client (Web) through our squid proxy to a Citrix server
> outside
> in the internet. With the Microsoft ISA-Proxy it does.

The key things are to know whether the client software supports HTTP
proxy either transfers over HTTP requests (ie. some form of REST
protocol) or via CONNECT tunnels, and what ports are involved. Once you
know those you can tune the Squid ACLs to check for just about anything
in the client traffic and permit/deny as you please.

Amos