[squid-users] Create and download cache digest to create proxy siblings

From: Klaus Reithmaier <Klaus.Reithmaier_at_Lindner-Group.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 16:51:12 +0200

Hello,

I want do make a "combined cache" by defining two proxies in a cluster as siblings. To minimize traffic and latency, I want to do this by using cache digests and not by using ICP.

Squid is compiled with --enable-cache-digest, squid version is 3.3.12

cache_peer configuration in squid.conf on SIBLING_1:
cache_peer [IP_OF_SIBLING_2] sibling 8080 0 proxy-only no-query

A few minutes after restarting SIBLING_1 I see on the access.log of SIBLING_2 that SIBLING_1 is making the following request:

1404912746.105      1 [IP_OF_SIBLING_1] TCP_MISS/200 271 GET http://[NAME_OF_SIBLING_2]:8080/squid-internal-dynamic/netdb - HIER_NONE/- -

Is the netdb file the cache digest? It is way to small, the access.log says, the size is 271 bytes, if I am downloading this file with wget, the filesize of netdb is 0 bytes.

I've found somewhere else the following path for getting the cache digest: /squid-internal-periodic/store_digest, but here i get a 404 error code. What is the right path for the cache digest and what do I need to create the digest?

Thanks

This e-mail contains confidential and/or privileged information from the Lindner Group. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by fault, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying and/or distribution of this e-mail is strictly not allowed.