[squid-users] Re: Transparent proxying and forwarding loop detected

From: babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 07:01:37 -0700 (PDT)

Having a very similar config like you, up and running(squid+chilli), you
better ask in a chilli forum OR in the chilli group of linkedin. (I am
there, too :-)
Cause there are several issues to be considered with our setup:
- Proper config of iptables, as chilli also modifies them. And for
transparent squid you need special rule(s).
- Do not mix up transparent and non-transparent in regards to squid/chilli:
"Coova has a configuration option for the IP and port of an
optional proxy - all web traffic from wireless clients will be routed
through this. I've set it to 10.0.0.1:3128"

So you set up chilli for NON-transparent proxy, most likely.
As in chillis config NOT to enable HS_POSTAUTH_PROXYPORT for TRANSPARENT !

http_port 10.0.0.1:3128 transparent #shouldn't it be intercept for squid 3.3
?

Again, switch to one of the chilli forums, pls, to be better served.