[squid-users] access log request size x google drive

From: <fernando_at_lozano.eti.br>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 16:18:23 -0300

Hi there,

I configured my squid.conf to generate a second access log but using
the client request size (%>st) in place of the response size (%<st):

logformat upload %ts.%03tu %6tr %>a %Ss/%03>Hs %>st %rm %ru %[un
%Sh/%<a %mt
access_log stdio:/var/log/squid/upload.log logformat=upload
access_log stdio:/var/log/squid/access.log

My goal was to use sarg to generate a report for upload sizes alongside
the standard report wich contains only download sizes.

The reports looks ok for regular web browsing (download sizes much
larger than upload sizes) but after I uploaded some big files to google
drive the reports still doesn't show a significant increase in upload
sizes.

I also run darkstat on the server and it shows the expected increase
for "Out" traffic.

So, why aren't my upload.log showing uploads to google drive? Is this
supposed to work at all, or do I need some trick for squid?

[]s, Fernando Lozano