Re: [squid-users] fallback to TLS1.0 if server closes TLS1.2?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 22:15:05 -0600

On 07/10/2014 09:27 AM, Vadim Rogoziansky wrote:

> Do you have any ideas how we can resolve it? I have the same issue.

I believe a proper support for "secure version fallback" requires some
development. I do not know of anybody working on this feature right now,
and there may be no formal feature requests on bugzilla, but it has been
informally requested before.

In addition to TLS v1.2->1.0 fallback, there are also servers that do
not support SSL Hellos that advertise TLS, so there is a need for
TLS->SSL fallback. Furthermore, some admins want Squid to talk TLS with
the client even if the server does not support TLS. Simply propagating
from-server "I want SSL" errors to the TLS-speaking client does not work
in such an environment, and a proper to-server fallback is needed.

Cheers,

Alex.