Re: [squid-users] svn support

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:37:48 +1200

On 11/07/2014 6:54 p.m., shawn wilson wrote:
> How do I get svn+http working through squid? I've already got the svn
> prereq of ~/.subversion/servers http-proxy-host/port
>
> But I haven't been able to find a modern doc describing how to make
> squid handle the requests. I tried:
> acl CONNECT method GET POST HEAD CONNECT PROFIND PROPATCH PATCH
>
> But that caused a warning when reloading the config and didn't have
> the desired effect.

Current versions of Squid support all method types without any special
configuration. All you have to do is permit access to clients and/or
destination domain names.

If your SVN server is using a forbidden port add it to the SSL_Ports
and/or Safe_ports list as appropriate. Noting that SSL_Ports list only
affects CONNECT method traffic.

All of this assumes that the SVN client and server support HTTP as their
messaging syntax.

Amos