Re: [squid-users] access log request size x google drive

From: Fernando Lozano <fernando_at_lozano.eti.br>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:03:32 -0300

Hi Amos,

>> I configured my squid.conf to generate a second access log but using the
>> client request size (%>st) in place of the response size (%<st):
>>
>> My goal was to use sarg to generate a report for upload sizes alongside
>> the standard report wich contains only download sizes.
>>
>> after I uploaded some big files to google
>> drive the reports still doesn't show a significant increase in upload
>> sizes.
>>
>> I also run darkstat on the server and it shows the expected increase for
>> "Out" traffic.
>
> Is that out to the client?
> or out to the server?
> or both (when "out" means servicing clients over the same NIC)?

Both, only one NIC.

>> So, why aren't my upload.log showing uploads to google drive? Is this
>> supposed to work at all, or do I need some trick for squid?
>
> What type of requests are being logged?

All of them. No ACLs for logging.

> IIRC there is an issue with CONNECT traffic only logging one direction.

So I may be experiencing this. All google properties use https all the
time, so all requests for Google Drive are CONNECT ones.

Can you point to a bug ticket or something I can to do confirm this is
the problem?

I', running squid 3.4.3 (from Eliezer rpm). Is this issue also on 3.4.6
(which is the latest rpm released by Eliezer)?

[]s, Fernando Lozano