[squid-users] SSL bumping (again)

From: Eugene M. Zheganin <emz_at_norma.perm.ru>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 13:33:54 +0600

Hi.

Squid-3.3.11
FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE

I've set up SSL bumping in order to deal with file uploading (actually
to block file uploading for certain groups of users) via HTTPS.
It works just fine for most of the HTTPS enabled sites, but with some
Google sites I have a problem - browsers (FF for example) display an
error - "www.youtube.com uses an invalid security certificate. The
certificate does not come from a trusted source. (Error code:
sec_error_inadequate_key_usage)". Chrome also displays an error, but in
case with Crome it's undistinguisheable from the usual error when the CA
certificate if out of trust list. This happens on the most of the
google .com domains, but not on all of them - for example google.ru
opens just fine using HTTPS. I've installed custom squid CA certificate
into the browser's white list for sure, but anyway there's no button "I
understand the risk" so this error is about something else. Are those
some google tricks, perhaps caused by some extensions like SPDY or is
this about my setup ?

Thanks.
Eugene.