Re: [squid-users] RockStore "Fatal Error"

From: Nyamul Hassan <nyamul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 16:04:35 +0600

Hi,

Alex, as per your previous suggestion, we did all the
"troubleshooting" steps in the link for SmpScale. Working on them
removed the errors in our 1st Squid installation (original email).

Now, we are facing problem on another machine. We did all those steps
mentioned in SmpScale, yet this machine is giving the same problems.
SHM is already installed.

Amos, as for file permission, the following all have permission as
"squid.squid":
/var/run/squid
/var/log/squid

ls on /dev/shm shows:
[root_at_proxy04 ~]# ll /dev/shm
total 124912
-rw------- 1 squid squid 7340144 Jul 12 06:57 squid-cache_mem.shm
-rw------- 1 squid squid 68159528 Jul 12 06:57
squid-cachestore.cache1.rock.shm
-rw------- 1 squid squid 68159528 Jul 12 06:57
squid-cachestore.cache4.rock.shm
-rw------- 1 squid squid 16 Jul 12 06:57 squid-io_file__metadata.shm
-rw------- 1 squid squid 262228 Jul 12 06:57 squid-io_file__queues.shm
-rw------- 1 squid squid 84 Jul 12 06:57 squid-io_file__readers.shm
-rw------- 1 squid squid 2295383692 Jul 12 06:57 squid-squid-page-pool.shm

So, Squid process does seem to be able to read / write to SHM.

This is the output of "df":
[root_at_proxy04 ~]# df -H
/dev/sda3 63G 9.2G 50G 16% /
tmpfs 4.1G 128M 4.0G 4% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 204M 114M 80M 59% /boot
/dev/sdb 316G 235M 299G 1% /cachestore/cache1
/dev/sdc 316G 251M 299G 1% /cachestore/cache4
shm 4.1G 128M 4.0G 4% /dev/shm

SELINUX is disabled.
[root_at_proxy04 ~]# sestatus
SELinux status: disabled

What else could be interfering with the SHM?

Regards
HASSAN