Re: [squid-users] RockStore "Fatal Error"

From: Nyamul Hassan <nyamul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 06:17:02 +0600

Hi Alex,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Alex Rousskov
<rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com> wrote:

> Where does you Squid create .ipc files? Does that directory exist? Can
> Squid write there?

You are right once again. Although I have the configuration directive
of "pid_filename pid_filename /var/run/squid/squid.pid", that
apparently only tells squid about the particular file, not the
"localstatedir". The "localstatedir" is still set to what was
configured during compile time.

In my case, it was /var/local/squid-3.4.6/var/run/squid. After
changing permission, it worked!

I got confused with this bug report:

Thank you!

Shouldn't Squid complain that it could not write to "localstatedir"?

Regards
HASSAN