RE: [squid-users] RE: YouTube Resolution Locker

From: James Harper <james_at_ejbdigital.com.au>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 11:27:05 +0000

> Hi James,
>
> All is in the title "YouTube Resolution Locker", so...
> The API is there to lock the resolution to low value, we think the API to
> help in reducing bandwidth as HD videos consume a lot.
>
> Regarding bandwidth limiter with YouTube, do you think Squid admins need
> a special script ?
> There are plenty of samples explaining how to use Quota with Squid... ;)

Actually after I hit send I realised that it probably wouldn't work anyway, unless youtube really did use a consistent url domain name for their content delivery network... the tricky bit wouldn't be the quota itself, it would be identifying the urls/ip's to limit. A script may be required to identify the current list.

James