[squid-users] Configuring WCCPv2, Mask Assignment

From: Squid user <squiduser2014_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:45:20 +0200

Hi.

I'm trying to configure my squid as a WCCPv2 cache engine, according to
the following requirements:
- Assignment method: Mask assignment
- Mask based on source ip (for one service group)
- Mask based on destination ip (for another service group)

The problem is I do not know how to specify those mask elements with the
current squid conf directives.

The assignment method is easy to handle with wccp2_assignment_method.

But how can I set the Mask Elements according to source ip address and
destination ip address?

If the assignment method is Hash, then I can use the wccp2_service_info
flags: src_ip_hash and dst_ip_hash.

But with Mask assignment, I do not find any directive allowing me to
send the router that I want to perform masking based on src ip and dst ip.

Do you have any idea?

My system details are:

Squid version: 3.2.6
O.S: Ubuntu server 14.04