Re: [squid-users] Re: ONLY Cache certain Websites.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 23:39:59 +1200

On 3/08/2014 9:25 p.m., nuhll wrote:
> Seems like "acl all src all" fixed it. Thanks!
>
> One problem is left. Is it possible to only cache certain websites, the rest
> should just redirectet?

The "cache" directive is used to tell Squid any transactions to be
denied storage (deny matches). The rest (allow matches) are cached (or
not) as per HTTP specification. http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache/

Redirect is done with url_rewrite_program helper or a deny_info ACL
producing a 30x status and alternative URL for the client to be
redirected to. Although I guess you used the word "redirectet" to mean
something other than HTTP redirection - so this may not be what you want
to do.

Amos