[squid-users] Log Daemon (queue is too large)

From: Warren Baker <warren_at_percol8.co.za>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:09:26 +0200

HI all,

I noticed this error message (multiple entries) for yesterday and
today on Squid 3.3.11

2014/08/13 00:01:06 kid1| Logfile:
daemon:/util/var/squid/log/access.log: queue is too large; some log
messages have been lost.

Its not a very high utilized proxy so I was a little surprised this
happened. I assume something may have caused a spike in traffic
resulting in the log buffer filling up but whats concerning is that it
never recovers until a -k reconfigure was issued, a -k rotate didnt
help. So all log entries for yesterday and today are gone.

Any ideas on why it doesn't recover and possibly what could have
caused the issue? As looking at the access logs leading up to the
event there is nothing that stands out.

Thanks,
Warren