[squid-users] Re: HTTP/HTTPS transparent proxy doesn't work

From: agent_js03 <justinmschw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 23:32:25 -0700 (PDT)

This doesn't work for me either. Here is my updated squid conf:

/http_port 3128
http_port 3129 intercept
https_port 3130 intercept ssl-bump generate-host-certificates=on
dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=4MB key=/etc/squid3/ssl/private.pem
cert=/etc/squid3/ssl/public.pem
always_direct allow all
ssl_bump deny allowed_sites
ssl_bump allow all
sslproxy_cert_error allow all
sslproxy_flags DONT_VERIFY_PEER
sslcrtd_program /usr/lib/squid3/ssl_crtd -s /var/lib/ssl_db -M 4MB
sslcrtd_children 5/

When I try to access the web, I get the following error:

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: /
    Invalid URL
Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect.
Some possible problems are:
    Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be "http://" or similar)
    Missing hostname
    Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
    Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed.
Your cache administrator is webmaster.

There is no error being output in cache.log. What am I missing here? I
should mention, the proxy works perfectly if I configure my browser to point
to it. However, that completely defeats the purpose: remember, I am trying
to set up a /transparent/ proxy, meaning all web traffic should be
transparently routed to the proxy server. I did as you said and all traffic
should be going to port 3128.