Re: [squid-users] store_id and key in store.log

From: Squid <squid_at_visolve.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:44:35 +0530

Hello Stepanenko,

The store.log is a record of Squid's decisions to store and remove
objects from the cache. Squid creates an entry for each object it stores
in the cache, each uncacheable object, and each object that is removed
by the replacement policy.
The log file covers both in-memory and on-disk caches.

The store.log provides some values it's can't get from access.log.
Mainly the response's cache key only in (i.e., MD5 hash value are present).

refresh_pattern
^http://(youtube|ytimg|vimeo|[a-zA-Z0-9\-]+)\.squid\.internal/.* 10080
80% 79900 override-lastmod override-expire ignore-reload
ignore-must-revalidate ignore-private

Simple example for StoreID refresh pattern:

acl rewritedoms dstdomain .dailymotion.com .video-http.media-imdb.com
av.vimeo.com .dl.sourceforge.net .vid.ec.dmcdn.net .videoslasher.com

store_id_program /usr/local/squid/bin/new_format.rb
store_id_children 40 startup=10 idle=5 concurrency=0
store_id_access allow rewritedoms !banned_methods
store_id_access deny all

root# /usr/local/squid/bin/new_format.rb

ERR
http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/95b1zk3qhSM/hqdefault.jpg
OK store-id=http://ytimg.squid.internal/vi/95b1zk3qhSM/hqdefault.jpg

Thanks,