Re: [squid-users] Re: ONLY Cache certain Websites.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:01:23 +1200

On 19/08/2014 3:42 a.m., nuhll wrote:
> Just to clarify my problem: I dont use it as a transparente proxy! I
> distribute the proxy with my dhcp server and a .pac file. So it gets used on
> all machines with "auto detection proxy"

Your earlier config file posted contained:

  http_port 192.168.0.1:3128 transparent

transparent/intercept mode ports are incompatible with WPAD and PAC
configuration. You need a regular forward-proxy port (no "transparent")
for receiving that type of traffic.

This is probably a good hint as to what yoru problem actually is. The
logs you posted in other email are showing what could be the side effect
of this misunderstanding. I will reply to that email with details.

Amos