RE: [squid-users] blockVirgin Works for CONNECT but Custom Response does not work

From: Rafael Akchurin <rafael.akchurin_at_diladele.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 07:14:16 +0000

Hello Jatin, Unfortunately I cannot answer your question. But why would you like to bump the connection when admin *explicitly* specified it as *not to be bumped*. I think eCap adapter here acts as a passive beast just scanning what admin tells it to, not what it thinks it needs to scan. Raf ________________________________________ I wanted to block a particular website based on CONNECT request because I am not bumping (decrypting) the site. But now I have realised that if I do not dump the site then there is no way I can paint a custom message on the browser. So, can somebody suggest me if there is a way to pass a flag to squid from ecap adapter to decrypt a site regardless of what ACL says. For example if I have an acl as below which says do not decrypt www.888.com but If my ecap adapter could pass a message to squid asking it to decrypt www.888.com (for that session only) and ignore the below acl. Is it possible? acl no_ssl_interception dstdomain .888.com ssl_bump none no_ssl_interception ssl_bump client-first all <skip>