RE: [squid-users] Anybody using squid on openWRT ?

From: Lawrence Pingree <geekguy_at_geek-guy.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 20:24:53 -0700

Gotcha. Agreed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Leonardo Rodrigues [mailto:leolistas_at_solutti.com.br]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 10:58 AM
To: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Anybody using squid on openWRT ?

     If you're talking about caching, then you're absolutely correct. If you're using squid just for filtering and policies enforcment, as i'm doing, than even a small box like the routerboards i'm using (32Mb RAM and 64Mb flash disk) is enough for a 30-40 stations network. squid needs a bit of tweaking for running on those but, once you mastered that, is works absolutely fine. I even have it doing authentication on Windows ADs through ldap authenticators !

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues