[squid-users] source address ip spoofing

From: Julian <icorduneanu_at_nwtel.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:28:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Squid Dev. Team and Users,

I need your advice on a Squid deployment scenario.

We have deployed on our network a physical machine with Squid 2.7 listening
on port 8080.
Proxy Auto-Discovery on our users browsers is able to get activated by a
wpad.dat file which transparently redirects our users HTTP requests to our
Proxy Server.

The way our Proxy Server works now is by hiding the IP address of users
getting directed to our machine.

Question is... can we have our Proxy Server working in the same deployment
scenario but doing Source IP Address Spoofing and making content requests
that do not hide users IP(s)?

Thank you,
Julian