Re: [squid-users] Fwd: access.log destinatin server ip

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_squid.open.source.it>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:26:01 +0200

On Friday 29 August 2014 at 14:15:32 (EU time), Manuel Ramírez wrote:

> Ok thank you so much.
>
> will i see only this field empty when the objet is in the local cache
> or may happend in other situation like if the destination ip is in the
> ip address cache?

There is no IP address cache.

Basically, you will see a destination server IP address if a destination
server was contacted.

You will not see an IP address if a destination server was not contacted.

Reasons for not contacting a destination server might include the object being
in the local cache (as in this example) or the request being passed to another
proxy (which then decides whether to contact the destination server itself,
but this proxy definitely doesn't).

--
What is this talk of "software release"?
Our software evolves and matures until it is capable of escape, leaving a