Re: [squid-users] Re: parent problem - TCP_MISS/403 from parent

From: Dmitry Melekhov <dm_at_belkam.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 18:46:22 +0400

On 29.08.2014 18:17, babajaga wrote:
> I remember a bug, I detected in my favourite squid2.7, also in a sandwiched
> config, with another proxy inbetween:
> It was not possible to have both squids listen on 127.0.0.1:a/b; had to use
> 127.0.0.1:a; 127.0.0.2:b

That's what I have- one listens on 8090 another one on 8092.
So this is not problem.
What I can't understand now what is difference between firefox request -
which works, and squid request- on which squid says that it is missed,
I have to look into traffic :-)

> To be pragmatic: Whats the purpose of having two squids directly coupled ?

At least three :-)

first, afaik, icap doesn't check cached content, so first squid can
cache, second checks for viruses.
second, authentication- first squid is for users, so it requires auth,
second don't, it's practical from logging reason.
third, first squid has redirector, so user's can be banned from pron ;-)
, second not.