[squid-users] squid-3.4.7 may fix sec_error_extension_value_invalid error, but that's not enough

From: Jason Haar <Jason_Haar_at_trimble.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 09:38:21 +1200

On 28/08/14 04:43, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> * Various SSL-bump certificate mimic errors
>
> These bugs show up most notably for users of Firefox complaining about
> a sec_error_inadequate_key_usage error. They are caused by Squid
> generating a fake certificate with the wrong X.509 version details for
> the TLS extensions being mimiced in that certificate.

Hi there, I've just upgraded from 3.4.6 to 3.4.7 and at first it didn't
seem to have fixed the sslbump problem

eg this link still generates the "sec_error_extension_value_invalid" error

https://ak2.boxcdn.net/cdn/farfuture/PNK_KmDsX8J309tUbroLqW_e5kVPMNIulZL8wrYh5Aw/mtime:1409288463/sites/default/files/cdn/css/http/css_mhGj6N2cEjI-irTOnjQDCNtP9tAGqNtYZcKU1SqKdYY.css

So I was about to put in a bug report when I realised something: I'd
still have the pre-existing "corrupt" Squid-generated cert in the
cache! So I manually deleted all boxcdn.net certs I had, restarted
squid and it's all fixed ;-)

Just thought I'd share that - I probably won't be the only one who gets
that wrong ;-)

Other than wiping out the entire cert cache, is there any "openssl x509
..." command I could run to hunt down all similar broken certs - so I
only delete them?

Thanks!

--
Cheers